Azure Availability on Demand
Microsoft Azure Backup helps protect your data by providing multiple copies in multiple locations. This simple and reliable data protection solution allows you to back up on-premises data to the Microsoft Azure cloud. This solution is scalable, cost efficient, and requires minimal operational expense. Azure Backup is highly recommended to organizations who are required to protect their data for years due to compliance requirements. It is secure and encrypted in-transit and at-rest. Azure Backup can also help protect SharePoint, Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, Windows clients, and applications on virtual machines (VM) running Hyper-V with its easy integration with Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager (DPM). As of recently, Azure Backup, now allows you to protect your virtual machines, read more about this announcement here.
What is Azure Backup?
This scalable solution help protects your application data with minimal operating costs. Backup can replace your existing on-premises or off-site back up solution with a cloud-based solution that is secure and reliable. With recovery services built on a scalable, durable, and highly available infrastructure.
- Protect critical data - Azure Backup can protect your critical apps, including Exchange, SharePoint, SQL Server.
- Compliance - Backup provides businesses with a cost effective alternative to tape for organizations that are required to protect data for years.
- Secure - Data is secure both online and at rest with 99.9% service availability.
- Efficiency - Boost productivity and IT efficiency with built-in features for Azure Backup such as compression, encryption, longer retention, and bandwidth throttling.
Why Azure Backup?
- Automatic storage management
- Multiple storage options - Choose a locally redundant storage block blob or geo-replication storage block blob
- Unlimited data transfer
- Encryption - Secure transmission and storage of customer data in the public cloud