This week Microsoft announced that over 110 million Windows 10 installs have occurred. That's a lot of machines running Windows 10, and at that, only in eight weeks. Since launch, users have become acquainted with the new Microsoft Edge browser and have went on to ask Cortana over a billion questions. Who doesn't love a digital assistant, right?
The unveiling of the the Surface Pro 4 and the unexpected reveal of the Surface Book, were a few of the devices that took the tech world by storm yesterday in New York (so if you missed the announcement you can check it out here).
Let's take a brief look at the Windows 10 Devices that will soon be flooding the market!
With a sleeker design than the original fit Band, the Microsoft Band is the only wearable device that offers deep functionality across iOS, Android, and Windows devices.
- Curved Durable Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3, scratch resistant and optimized for touch.
- More comfortable and less bulky as the battery is located within the clasp.
- Two day battery life
- Built-in GPS, UV monitoring, Guided Workouts, Sleep and Calorie tracking, Smart notifications, barometer to track elevation.
- Cortana integration
- Microsoft Health powers the Microsoft Band offering big data to give users measurable insights.
Lumia 950 and Lumia 950XL (and Lumia 550) are anticipated to be the most productive phones in the market. With Windows 10, Office 365, Skype, Cortana, OneDrive, and with all your settings carrying over, the continuum from PC to phone and back allows you to stay productive and achieve more.
- Adaptive antenna technology
- Liquid cooling for full power and performance
- 5.2' and 5.7' inch screen, OLED screens, 564 and 518 PPI
- Glance screen technology uses zero battery life to keep you informed and present.
- 20 megapixel sensor and designated camera button.
Surface Pro 4
Microsoft has been continuing work on the Surface Pro line with Surface, Surface Pro 3, and now the Surface Pro 4. What do we know?
- Microsoft claims the Surface Pro 4 is 50% faster than MacBook Air and 30% faster than Surface Pro 3.
- 12.3' screen, 5 million pixels
- All year pen battery life with magnetic storage
- 40% larger track-pad
- 6th generation Intel® Core™ processor
- 16GB Ram & 1TB storage
Coined as the "ultimate laptop", Surface Book is the first laptop ever built by Microsoft.
- 13.5'' screen, 6 million pixels
- Backlit keys, quiet and stable, best-in-class key stroke
- Precision glass track-pad, multi-touch for Windows 10
- 12 hour battery life
- High-speed GDDR5 memory
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GPU
The main takeaway from this event is Microsoft's overarching mission to help people achieve more. Windows 10 transcends phones, laptops, PCs, and tablets, making you, the user, the hub. A unified platform for everyone. The mobility of having the same experience across your devices allows for more personal computing to help you get things done.